Sunday 22 July 2018

Rarer than wet dreams for me: a myoclonic twitch got me yesterday :D

So as not to wake from intense dreams, I've long trained my brain not to fall for the myoclonic twitch and I get it very, very rarely. If at all, the brain gets so embarrassed, it switches right back, like power going out and backup-generators instantly kicking in.

Climbing onto the bed last night, so tired I was still explaining something to G and readying my brain for something sexy, as soon as my head touched the pillow, the brain remembered four steps down to the river I had to descend in order to brush my teeth, and in this memory my foot slipped. I was not even asleep to the best of my awareness, and yet I went from three layers of consciousness: aware I am laying down on a pillow, aware I am fantasising about the dirty poem I wrote, aware I am stepping down the steps to the water, slipping: half a second later I was gasping, stunned, shocked, perplexed, torn completely out of what I thought I knew into what I was actually doing... 

It felt like my brain sneezed. :D
The little bitch got me. Sneaky brain.

0 comments: