Tuesday 23 June 2020

I did such an unusual thing (for me) last night. An unknown, liberating sense of abandon. We drove to Drej's family's exhibition - her parents and sister all came together to exhibit their work and because they are from a fairly small, ambitious town (one very dear to me), this was quite an event. The exhibition took place in a really old building, like, we are talking castle-age, and it was lovely. I've certainly never seen an all-family exhibit before - and they are all completely different creatives. I was asked to shoot, but kinda mentioned I no longer take my camera to the field, as it is rather old and I haven't the finance to invest in a new one, whereas I still direly require to shoot my promotional material. But since Drej's mate has a camera much like Marki is, I said I'm happy to just push the big button. It's really second nature to me. The chubby idiot with the camera, in the corner of social events. 

The even less characteristic part was, though Drej's mate asked if I'll be taking the memory card to brush up the shots, I just chuckled, thinking how much other work I have and feeling so oddly NOT territorial about it, my psyche felt as light as air. I would normally be sunk into the unedited photos teeth and claws. But naah, dude. You go ahead. I'm over that. Even if people have bags under their eyes on my shots, so be it. That used to drive me nuts. 

I'll admit, tho. I did kinda miss it. I've forgotten how much I like human faces.

0 comments: