Wednesday 24 June 2020

Not that I'm demented, just very tired and my brain is elsewhere :D

So yesterday, after some mowing, tending to bees and then finally spraying the vineyard - with the two-day sunny weather window we've been offered - we get home and it's evening and I'm excited with new ideas, but tired. I should sleep, but my brain is abuzz. G asks me to find a bakery still open and get some bread when I go down to walk the dog.

I grab the dog, wind some small streets to get to the one with a baker, and I notice an old gentleman kinda looking around on one of the corners. He seems more amused than confused and more leisureful than lost, but still. he makes a few steps, looks around, smiling, stops, looks around. My first instinct is he's got dementia and has wandered off, even though he does not seem to be particularly concerned about it. I tie the dog to the little nook outside the bakery, go in, get a loaf and watch the old gent though the window. Sharing my idea with the lady at the till, I suggest to check if perhaps he's lost and we could call someone? She waves it off, saying he comes in all the time, it's just how he stroll in the evenings. Great, I thank her, and head home. While unlocking the house gate, it occurs to me I should probably take the dog out for potty....................

.......................
Whoops O.O

...



aaaaaawkward.
I hurry back, round the corner and see that my poor dog is sitting outside the bakery, giving me the: "I understand sometimes you act weird, but where did you go??" sad dog face.

Skulking like a ninja, so that the bakery lady doesn't see me, "Who's demented now??" I sneak under the windows, untie the dog and hurry home.

It's a good thing I don't have babies. I would literally need to put the baby on the holding end of a leash so that they would have ME tied down. 

0 comments: