Tuesday 17 July 2012


"I'm not putting you down. I'm just saying that what you do is a really bad form of pollution that makes us dumber and meaner and is destroying civilization. I'm saying, with all possible respect, that I would have more respect for you if you were a heroin dealer. And I’m speaking professionally, not personally."
(Will McAvoy to Nina Howard, when he finds out she is a gossip columnist. This is on a TV show called Newsroom. It’s about old school journalism these days.) 

...

Another line from the same episode that I really liked:

»Every moment you are not current a thousand people are changing the channel to the guy who is. That's the business you're in! MSNBC, Fox and CNN all say she's dead. Don, tell him! Don!«
»It's a person. A doctor pronounces her dead, not the news.«

0 comments: