Thursday 1 March 2018

Checking if St.Martin's lake is still there ;)

G and I struck a deal that for every micro hike - 30.000 steps or 20 km or any peak above 650m (or two below) - make for a small dot and after I've gathered 20 dots, he buys me a piece of gear from my list. The first bit of gear I've marked is a PocketRocket. I'm five dots in :P

It was 21 degrees below freezing yesterday. So cold in fact, even the dog admitted it and from time to time started walking on three paws. I figured, if it got worse for her, I'd sacrifice the socks I wear as gloves to make her makeshift shoes.. It was too cold for making telephone calls and to inhale direct air. I wore G's scarf around my face to keep my breath moist and warm, causing frost to form on the hat and wrap. 

My great-uncle crossed Siberia to come home after the war. Loving it when it's so cold it hurts and you're completely alone in the world is in my blood. It hurts like hell :D Though, kudos to the shoes I have - never for a moment did I feel any ache or frostbite in my toes. My knees through the elastic jeans, on the other hand ... I didn't feel those at all :D 

Today I was asked to take a few pics of a kid hockey team, so working around a rink was almost room temperature :P 

Pickies are from a phone again - too cold for Marki - again, apologies :) 











0 comments: