Saturday, 28 May 2011

The week in a nutshell...

This week has been interesting.
I'm still a wee bit put off by the fact that I cannot get into my blog from my regular Mozilla engine, so I may not be updating quite as vigorously as usual... But okay. Enough of excuse...

I had a couple of business proposition via phone and while one went south, another sounded promising enough for me to schedule face-time with a commissioning editor on Wednesday.

Great morning walks with Drej and her cupcake cute Parsons J.Russel, Sophie... In the afternoon I had a chat with a boy from Siberia about photography and zumba, which was so hot in the summer eve, that we were drowning in sweat.

I went to the capital for the first time in two years. I was blown away by how astonishingly magnificent the city has become... The latest major indeed achieved a wonder to behold. There are new bridges - and then some - and building, everything is clear, bright, the streets are full, the shops are inviting, there's music everywhere and tourists are swarming and gawking in awe... For all the bad talk, I was stunned to find myself hardcore proud of it.
         My first morning meeting was with an editor who offered me a project - my biggest yet. I have to do a test and then they'll see if I am as good as they claim. And by test I mean - my best. I really want this :P
        The second meeting was with one of the models, thrilled to plot and scheme further projects. In between I went through books by some outstanding photies and learned a thing or two. Ironically, I never took the camera out of my backpack. The day was mine alone.
         The third meeting was a bus-ride away - another experience and a quaint lunch: I employed a back-up for my trial piece, so that I get on the level the potential contractors would agree with.
         Last meeting was with my former professor, after ages, and it was as lovely as always - and as short as always, too short :)) But the hour was later and I arrived home at around 10:30 pm, the General gathering me at the station to walk me home with the dog. Don't remember much else afterwards...

Signed into the library to get the first material. main thing is what NOT to do - because it has already been done quite well by someone else.
          I also wrote and with Drej's help finished some of the wedding invitations and mailed about a half. The general was none too happy. But I'm me. I make my own rules.

       Couple of meetings, couple of semi-serious job negotiations and a small fight with the General, which has gotten us to agree upon the 'half an hour a day' thingie. It means that for half an hour a day, one has to do to another what the other would like. Say, I want to kiss for half an hour and he must oblige me. It's kinda odd, but otherwise we do stuff we THINK the other likes and just end up fighting. The wedding is a month away. Mental note to start a blog called 'dream wedding for no money at all'.

Doggie evaluation and as dreadful as it was, what with the cold and the rain and Barky being super shy, it went very well. Afterwards I went cloth-shopping for the wedding dresses. That went lovely, too. We had a long debate about iPads vs. Macbook Airs and I came around to thinking that for all the Laptop's excellent feats, iPad continues to be cuter, brighter, fancier and more fun. Fuck it.