Monday 16 August 2021

Au.

I don't think I've ever been in so much pain, to not be able to sleep. Just after my moped crash, maybe? The last time I felt so bad there was nothing to do but suffer, was when I had that adorable flu-pneumonia started package a few years ago - that one was interesting. But yesterday - the heat is truly disarming - one of my ankles started to swell and then it started to HURT. Like, burning, pinching, pulsating, cramping, injured hurting, which was awful when I wasn't moving and then when I moved, it knocked the wind out of me. There was no position for me to sleep in. On top of it, it was simultaneously so hot we were soaked just for lying down and the fans were making me uncomfortable, blowing all over my naked moist skin. G is snoring, because the fans and the ACs are giving him sniffles, and mosquitos have started showing up. All of that combined made for one savagely uncomfortable night. At three I just gave up, climbed down, applied some cooling balm, wrapped the foot, took magnesium and two painkillers and sat with the leg on the desk. Luckily we had alarms set for five, with work to be done in the vineyard, as anything is better than being still. Of course, after I return from using my feet, then it gets REALLY interesting. The only good news is that I know this happens for a few days every year, during the worst heatwaves, and quickly passes. One is supposed to avoid a salty diet, which I am lately forcing myself into, since I am dizzy as it is without salt. 

0 comments: