Tuesday 3 August 2021

I had a nightmare today, don't remember what it was, in which I knew I have to cry out for General in the waking world but had to cut through layers of sleeping: in the dream, I could scream his name fully, then at a half-awake I could just sort of moan and pull apart layers like membranes, and when almost awake, it was just this high-pitched, poorly formed little sound, very small and quiet. I remember becoming embarrassed when I finally ripped though, realising it was just a nightmare and I've probably woken him - he seemed to hear me, stir and turn, so I turned away and pretended to play dumb.


In truth G tells me I woke him fairly soon, pleading and crying quite loudly and for a good long while, and he did as we trained, soothing me very slowly and gently so as not to wake me. (Never ever wake people from nightmares.) He says once I finally woke up, I just pushed him away and pretended it was nothing, no thank you or anything. 


I must be such a fun sleeping companion. Explains why he takes so many night shifts :))))))

0 comments: