Thursday 26 August 2021

Day 1

It took a bit, but I have finally calmed down. I mean, I am still restless, neurotic and naggy, but that's closer to a normal me than the one nearing a catatonic mental gear lock. We set out yesterday morning, while Rockstar and my sis's BF took over the maintenance of the vineyard in our absence. At first, it was difficult and I was mortified by everything. Every time I had a moment of happiness, I burst into tears. I shook and trembled constantly. We had coffee in the old town of Radovljica, drinking from awesome handmade rustic cups with golden spoons, while a far old ginger cat basked near us on a vespa. (Having coffee in the morning sun is pure happiness, so: hysterical sobbing.) We visited an Apiary museum, which, since we know so much about bees, felt much smaller and rudimentary than we remembered it. But no matter, I love that museum. Finally, we arrived at our cottage hotel in Kranjska Gora and while the General passed out after lunch, I offed to visit lake Jasna, strolling happily around the Triglav national park. 




















0 comments: