Monday 23 August 2021

Rain ... raiiinn rain ... Sweet rain.

I've missed you. Of course, this is the one week of the year when G and I are supposed to go someplace nice and just chill, so of course, it started to rain at the same minute. But no matter. I've missed the rain. I got up at three tonight to listen to when it will start to rap on the street, gently and playfully. (I know, I know, I'm not much for sleeping as it is. But it still sounded nice.)


We've crossed taking the bikes with us - going to the mountains - due to a shitty forecast, taking chess instead, but I am wondering about taking the camera. Even today I was supposed to go to the woods - as per my new timetable - to shoot some moss. I may have to take some rain-proof hiking boots instead. Those should be fun, considering my feet have been in flippy floppies all summer and hate being trapped in shoes. 


Ah, mountain vacation in the rain. Who needs sunny seaside towns, ice-coffee and fishermen fixing their nets on old pier ruins and temples when you can have freezing drizzle in August?

0 comments: