Sunday 1 August 2021

Building Virgil

Not quite there yet, but my quest towards building a moss florarium is showing progress - G, the mutt et moi offed to the mossy forest today, hoping for rain, in search of appropriate fluffy green substance. I now know that a) need much bigger jar and b) lots of moss out there. It gave me a sudden, unexpected desire to grab the camera again and hunt for pretty macro pictures. Once the General and Lyra drove off to his parents' farm, I hiked the countryside, looking for old abandoned homesteads and suchlike. The forest threw me out and I had to make my way across the pavements and meadows, but ultimately - still early morn, as we began at 5 - I invited myself over for coffee at G's sis's porch and chatted there while the men saw to the bees. It rained on our way back in the afternoon, and so much so that we had to turn around and weather under a barn, as the downpour was ridiculous. (And we worried about hail.)


Tiny trees...

Tiny shroomies ...

Boy moss ...

Tree-like moss ...

Tiny grass ...

Fuzzy moss ...

Puffy moss ...

Girl moss ...

Chunky moss ...

Almost lichen with ice-like shroomies

Star moss ...


carpet moss ...

Tiny fern ...

Blueberries ...




And that one time you accidentally switch to selfy mode and take a photo of your crotch... 


1 comments:

nini said...

Gorgeous photos 😍 💚