Monday 25 July 2011

Day two

Day two, around two... 
Not sure what I've missed, asleep for the past three hours, but I imagine it was someting like getting lost, stuck and then un-lost in Hamburg, lots and lots of driving in the rain and about and hour wasted in a jam on a repaired-being highway.  We seem to be very close to the Dane border, though, as a smart debate woke me whether or not the customs have been re-instated. We will probably find out soon enough. 
    In a few hours we will reach the great bridges, what I am looking forward to. I hink among mega structures bridges are my favorite and these parts of the world certainly do agree. There's lots of cows and suchlike, not so much along the lines of people. Could it be - have we already reached remote parts of Europe? It is what I have once oped Ireland would be like, but it was littered with villages, farms and towns... Quaint ones, but littered noneheles... Here, in this strange light rain and comfortable grayness and chill, I yearn for the lenghtily remote country roads...

Laters..
There is somehing so very comforting in this strange weather... We asked a clerk lady if this is considered bad or ordinary and she was gladly shocked - as if - no, no, this is not considered normal weather. In the camps, these people have come here to enjoy the summer... Then again this is the Baltic ocean. Good luck with that.

Because of all the traffic jams and road construction, we only made it as far as Molle - a peninsula to the west just as you enter Sweden... Crossing borders with all the fuss was an anticlimax: were it not for a blue board with stars in the middle of the bridge, we would not even have realized we have left (or entered for that matter...) Denmark... Our cottage, in the camp, near a village that looks like a set for Hansel and Gretel, is super minute. It fits four adults and a tolerant child and every single one seems to host cute, happy people, just slightly fed up. Perhaps I have forgotten that this is what camps are supposed to be like, but it's obvious only in sunny daylight. So far I have taken very many phots of driving in a car, down a long dull highway in the rain and with modern windmills in the background. 


Day three

Our first Scandinavian camp was both nice and dull. Could be the weather or general atmosphere of the fact there is someone who farts more than me in their sleep (such strange things I get jealous about) or perhaps just dampness and lack of color. It's rather lovely that everything is foggy and they have owls in their birches, but perhaps these are the back sound effect of some remote, solitary place, not a trying-desperately-to-be-perky campsite. 
I wonder if, if I was here alone, I would have sought more acquaintances? Maybe. Though the likelier scenario is that I would just pursue opportunities to photograph people naked and steal their lunch :p

0 comments: