Sunday 7 August 2011

Being back...

It's nice. I like being back. It feels like having all your old clothes washed :D  We haven't been gone so long as to actually achieve any grand evolution of our homely enviroment, but long enough still for tiny differences that make up my whole day :)) New movies in the theatre (hmmm... tough choice - Super8 or Rise of the Planet of the Apes?... Andy Serkis' magic does itfor me... and besides, I promised a friend to get a popcorn box sample. Big one. For research, really!), new Clairefontaine collections (a sudden urge to take on poetry.... hmmmm...) in the paper store, even Lance Henriksen wrote a an autobiography and that's just good-enough-to-eat. I downloaded the extended Aliens and watched it last night, having my hair combed slooowlyyy ... and soooftlyyy...  remembering how much I've liked this movie when I was in highschool. It made up for my entire style. Hanging around with Giger was okay, but watching this movie again and again... I love the casting, the acting, the beauty of the lady who plays Ripley, the variety of men, such as men can be, and the acting of Henriksen, who once wrote he tried to behave like a little eager-to-please child - pulling it off oh so masterfully...
         We went mushroom-picking, which was great (Starbark ran off, chasing something and returned after half an hour, proud and exhillirated. I couldn't but give her my sandwich, since this is what she is technically supposed to do.) Today we had lunch with the pickies slideshow and some short movies projections and, haha, I even managed to finally show dad my favorite scene in How To Train Your Dragon. We ate such good food again and are now sleepy, southern wind blowing hot and humid... If I leave my Koi pond on for too long, I start drooling and keeling over the keyboard :P

0 comments: