Thursday 29 October 2009

Hellooouu. Hell, I've been so wild lately i think I've never been closer to a heart attack...
          Not really expecting it, I came into some money.. See, it's not MAKING money with art that would be an issue, because I do, it's that it's gone in an INSTANT. Luckily I'm not one of those authors who receive an up-front and block out, as there is more where this came from :) Not SO much, but enough to suddenly grab all the bill slips and pay for the past three months of debt, pay off a former room-mate AND (Grandma sold some of the cards - it's winter season, things are picking up....) buy some winter clothes for Piček and moi, hands shaking, so thrilled to be able to spend again. I was going to get myself a Kindle instantly, but then I thought this is not the time to stop wishing for it, so I arranged to buy Piček a TV instead. There's stuff he's been wanting, like a good gaming mouse and something he could watch all those pre-paid channels for (I've never been a TV creature, so I have no understanding for wanting it, but he seems to really do, so... And a mouse, for Pete's sakes. It's just a mouse. Sure, I couldn't afford to do it two days ago when I was crying how poor we are, and I am just as penniless today, but at least in the middle I could afford to buy my boyfriend a tiny gadget that'll make his game more fun. It does sound like a good idea to add fuel to the fire already burning than try and start a whole new one. He got me a smoothie maker for my birthday, knowing I really want one - the opportunity to give me a Kindle should remain his...

Which leaves us with my latest sadomasochistic fetish - browsing for the camera... When did I so unwittingly switch alliegence from Nikon to Canon?? I have seen Marks II (oddly reviewed better than the IIIs??) sell for 2000 eu and IIIs for 3000.. They are probably stolen, box and all, but, you know, fuck it. Who am I to be above thieving. Lens may prove to be another interesting investment, but... Ugh... browsing, seeing that  awesome machine, imagining its weight in my hand... I can almost SEE what it would be like looking through it...

By the time I can buy one, I'll have the whole concept for the book finished in my head. Gods know I have plenty *almost* finished books right here on this desk. ..

But you can't rush a good thing. If it's not ready, it's not ready. Rush it tomorrow.

0 comments: